Support to get online
CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Please be aware that during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic all Better Together staff are working from home. The Better Together FREE Helpline remains open from Monday – Friday 9am-5pm so if you would like information, advice, support or just a friendly chat, please call our helpline on 0300 303 3920.
Voluntary Norfolk’s Digital Inclusion service is now offering support by telephone to Norwich residents needing assistance to get the most out of technology whilst social distancing. For more information, visit Voluntary Norfolk’s website. (May 15, 2020)
Some of our other services may be affected so follow us on Facebook and Twitter for further information and regular updates. If you wish to contact a member of our Team, please go to Our Team page for staff email addresses and work mobile numbers. Thank you.
The internet and digital technologies can provide a lifeline for people who find themselves physically and emotionally isolated. With the right knowledge, confidence and equipment people can:
- Stay in touch with friends and families by email or through social networks such as Facebook
- Find out about activities and events in their area
- Access information and other means of support, such as specialist organisations and peer to peer networks
Lots of people are currently not making the most of the digital support available to them due to:
- Lack of knowledge or confidence in digital technology
- Lack of equipment needed to access online support – smartphones, tablets, PCs
- Lack of access to regular, reliable, affordable internet access
Any Norwich resident who wants to improve their online skills can attend Voluntary Norfolk’s FREE Digital Inclusion sessions held across the city. Most sessions are drop-in, with no need to book. For a full list of dates, times and venues go to: