Tell the decision makers at Norfolk County Council why it is important they continue to fund services which bring people and communities together.
The Better Together Team have been proud to support over 2,500 lonely and socially isolated people during the 3 years of our project. Sadly, funding for our service is due to end in April 2021 and we want Norfolk County Council to renew our funding so we can support even more people in the months and years ahead. But to do this we need your help!
Norfolk County Council is reviewing how it spends its adult social care budget and we have been campaigning hard to ensure they continue to fund our work around loneliness and social isolation. But the really important voices are yours. You know better than anyone the difference the support from the Better Together Team has made to your life and the lives of other lonely and socially isolated people in Norfolk. We would be hugely grateful if you could tell the decision makers at the Council directly so they hear first-hand why the Better Together service matters. Please tell them what it is like to be lonely and isolated, explain how the Better Together Team have helped you and why it is important they continue to fund services which bring people and communities together.
You can do this by
- Emailing email@example.com
- Emailing Andrew Jamieson Norfolk County Council’s Cabinet member for the Finance Committee and Bill Borrett, the Cabinet member for Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care, Public Health and Prevention and Chairman of Health and Wellbeing Board
- Emailing your County Councillor. You can find your local councillor and their contact details on the Norfolk County Council website
- Comment via social media @NorfolkCC
- Writing to them at Freepost Plus RTCL-XSTT-JZSK, Norfolk County Council, Ground floor – south wing, County Hall. Martineau Lane, NORWICH, NR1 2DH. You do need to use a stamp. And it doesn’t have to be a letter – we know there are many talented artists out there, so draw them a card or paint them a picture!
- Filling in their budget consultation.
- Or contact us and we will make sure to pass your message on.
The deadline for responses is Monday 14 December so please act quickly to help us continue supporting lonely and isolated people in Norfolk.
The Better Together TeamBack to News